University at Buffalo 2022 - Highlights of Kenya
Highlights of Kenya
October 30 - November 7, 2022
Karibu (welcome!) Kenya! Feel the thrill of a classic East African safari in one of the most spectacular parts of the African continent. Here you will have abundant opportunities to enjoy wildlife viewing in some of Kenya’s most amazing locations. After spending a bit of time in the vibrant capital of Nairobi, you will head to the endless savanna plains of the Masai Mara. The Mara is the jewel of Kenya where one can witness what is dubbed as the ‘Greatest Show on Earth’- the annual wildebeest migration. Spend some time hiking at Hell’s Gate National Park that is known for its spectacular scenery including the towering cliffs, water-gouged gorges, stark rock towers, scrub-clad volcanoes and belching plumes of geothermal steam. And finally, under the shadow of Mount Kilimanjaro, you will see one of Africa’s largest elephant herds. This is a trip not to be missed.
- Experience the annual wildebeest migration in the savanna plains.
- Visit a typical African market and dip into local culinary experiences influenced by spices from Asia and the Middle East.
- Meet conservation experts who are on the front lines of sustainable conservation and community impact efforts.
- Hike amid spectacular scenery of towering cliffs and water-gouged gorges of Hell’s Gate National park.
- Enjoy sundowners in Amboseli.