Villanova University - Highlights of Kenya
Highlights of Kenya
November 3- November 11, 2023
Karibu (welcome!) Kenya! Feel the thrill of a classic East African safari in one of the most spectacular parts of the African continent. Here you will have abundant opportunities to enjoy wildlife viewing in some of Kenya’s most amazing locations. After spending a bit of time in the vibrant capital of Nairobi, you will head to the endless savanna plains of the Masai Mara. The Mara is the jewel of Kenya where one can witness what is dubbed as the ‘Greatest Show on Earth’- the annual wildebeest migration. Spend some time hiking at Hell’s Gate National Park that is known for its spectacular scenery including the towering cliffs, water-gouged gorges, stark rock towers, scrub clad volcanoes and belching plumes of geothermal steam. And finally, under the shadow of Mount Kilimanjaro, you will see one of Africa’s largest elephant herds. This is a trip not to be missed.
- Experience the annual wildebeest migration in the savanna plains.
- Visit a typical African market and dip into local culinary experiences influenced by spices from Asia and the Middle East.
- Meet conservation experts who are on the front lines of sustainable conservation and community impact efforts.
- Hike amid spectacular scenery of towering cliffs and water-gouged gorges of Hell’s Gate National park.
- Enjoy sundowners in Amboseli.
Land Package Only $3,899 per person (double occupancy)
Single Room Supplement: $795
Optional hot air balloon safari (Day 3): $465 per person
- Accommodation as mentioned above.
- Welcome cocktails, 6 breakfasts, 6 lunches/ picnic lunches, 5 dinners
- All safari game viewing activities with a professional guide.
- Hiking in Hell's Gate National Park.
- All park and conservation fees, Government taxes.
- Full time local Tour Director (except during the optional extension to Mombasa).
- All airport meet and greet + transfers in Nairobi.
- AMREF Flying Doctor Air Ambulance Service (only to a local hospital in Nairobi.)
- International flights.
- Tipping and gratuities to porters, guides, drivers, hotel and lodge staff
- Drinks during meals (bottled water will be provided).
- Laundry, dry cleaning, telephone, fax, internet.
- Mandatory supplemental travel* insurance including air evacuation to your home country/ state/ city. *Guests should have enough coverage for any additional in-country COVID testing and hospitalization/ treatment/ isolation/ transport.
- Kenya entry visa and any passport services, vaccinations
- Pre-departure COVID testing (currently required by airlines and Kenya airport and health ministry authorities for entry) and return testing (per CDC requirements to re-enter the U.S.
Level of difficulty: Easy to moderate.
Due to the nature of the areas we will be visiting, this program involves some walking on uneven terrain or up and down stairs that may be steep and/or without handrails. Accommodations will be in luxury properties, but note that they are located in remote locations in the bush, operating under challenging natural conditions (weather systems and animal movement) and may not offer all the amenities that city based luxury hotels often provide. Travel between parks will be by 4x4 specially equipped safari vehicles often over bumpy and dusty terrain. Every effort will be made to ensure your comfort however it will be the responsibility of the guest to discuss any concerns you may have with the tour operator and Villanova University. Please consult with your doctor regarding this trip, its length and location and share this brochure with them.